Hello, hello! I am now 18 weeks pregnant. The baby is now 5.5″ long and I haven’t been able to feel him/her yet. I feel as though my morning sickness may be coming to an end…although I am afraid to stop taking Unisom (which has been helping me). However, the past 2 nights I have been only taking half a pill–still sleeping well with no morning sickness!
Here are my pictures for 18 weeks. I am looking a bit frumpy today and definitely larger than normal, I think, because I just ate a lot of food. However, I am sure seeing that baby bump emerging and I am loving it (most of the time!)
Is baby a boy or a girl? What are your predictions? The majority of people in my life think it’s a girl. Here are some Old Wives Tales we’ve looked at:
- Chinese Gender Test: (takes mother’s age and month of conception into account) BOY.
- Morning Sickness: (yes/a lot= girl, not much/none=boy) GIRL.
- Heartbeat: ( >140= girl, <140= boy). Heartbeat was 156. GIRL.
- Skin: (acne=girl, glowing=boy) GIRL.
- Cravings (salty=boy, sweet=girl) BOY.
I guess that’ll be it! I guess we will find out the gender for sure in a few weeks.
Comparison of 16 and 18 weeks: