Find out why I am bringing 2 backpacks, why I recommend packing cold medicine, and what kind of outfits I am bringing. And for goodness sake, ROLL YOUR CLOTHING rather than folding! Unless you have special organization cubes.. haha. 🙂
I figured that I might as well make a post about what I am packing for my 2 week trip to Sweden and France in early Autumn. Not because I think it is anything extremely significant, but I know that when I was deciding what to pack, I was looking up lists like the one I am making now 🙂 Returning the favor, so-to-speak. I feel as though I have come up with some ideas/tidbits/knowledge that may be beneficial to someone. Bullet-pointed items in bold and italicized are things that may be particularly useful.
Clothing: in addition to the clothes I will be wearing onto the plane…
- 1 pair comfy flats
- 5 pairs reg socks, 2 pairs short socks
- 4 daytime shirts (color neutral), 2 t-shirts (used for sleeping mainly. Also for casual wear)
- 1 long shirt that is dressy
- 2 pairs pants (1 black, 1 red: but the red pants go with all the neutral shirts!)
- 1 shorts
- 2 bras (one sports, one regular)
- underwear (6 pairs)
- pajama bottoms + 1 long sleeve shirt (can’t sleep if you’re freezing)
- 1 cardigan
**Try to be okay with wearing certain things twice, or bringing soap and doing laundry in the sink for your undies! It’s really as simple as bringing a tiny bit of soap and having a place to hang dry things. This will save on space immensely!** We are lucky and will have a place to do laundry one time mid way through the trip.
ALSO, I am wearing a waterproof mid temperature jacket along with boots and other stuff onto the plane. So I will have those with me as well.
- Necklace (gold, goes with all outfits to dress them up)
- Hair straightener (one that works in Europe–can also be used to iron clothes that get wrinkled)
- Makeup wipes
- Facewash (apple cider vinegar is what I use) + washcloth
- Body Wash
- (not bringing shampoo, conditioner, or lotion…will bum some off my mother)
- Gifts for my cousins (Reeces Candy, cards, soaps, a book, giftbag)
- Airline pillow
** all liquids together in 1 quart sized bag, all liquids in less than 3 oz container!**
My purse goes into my backpack, and so does my DSLR camera bag + a few lenses, battery and charger.
- Ear Plugs (you will never regret having these)
- Cold medicine (In Sweden you cannot purchase this over-the-counter!)
- Travel Umbrella
- Makeup Wipes (nothing better than freshening up your face on the plane)
- Coffee filter (apparently this works well as a face/makeup blotter for when you start to look oily)
- Small wallet with the currency I will need, ID, debit card, credit card, and plenty of room for coins)
- Hat (mainly to put my camera in while I am not lugging around my huge camera bag)
- Phone + SIM card
- Ear buds
- Plug adapters. Most people won’t forget, but lots will
- Camera + lenses + SD cards + charger +battery
- Fuzzy socks. To be super comfy on the plane in, of course.
- THE PAPER FOLDER (train tickets, currency, accommodations, flight confirmations, Paris Pass, Travel Insurance, Versailles Tickets, pictures to bring to relatives, and old letters from the 1920s to bring to relatives)
- Small Daypack Backpack. Yes, I am packing a small backpack into my carry on backpack (which counts as a personal item on my flights). I got this one from New Outlander and it only cost my $20. Benefits? It folds into itself so that when I go to museums that do not permit backpacks, I can easily pack it away and fit things into my purse which is also decently sizeable. I can’t really recommend it yet but we will see how it works out. But I would hate to have to carry water, a jacket, umbrella, purse, and camera and have no choice but a purse! In addition, no relief from certain pressure points
- Backpack lock! I ordered this one. This will deter SOME pickpocketers, and be sure not to put any valuables in the slots where people can easily reach in. Example: I will have my wallet in my locked backpack, in my purse, in a zippered slot.
Was this post helpful to anyone? Let me know in the comments down below. 🙂